Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quick Update

I know it's not Friday. I know I didn't post on Friday. I didn't have the time or the energy. You see, I went home to help my parents in the final couple days of packing for a move, which meant limited net access, limited sleep, and a huge amount of stress. And Friday was my Get Back To The City In Time For Work day, which meant limited net access and a slightly smaller amount of stress. I got to work with 10 minutes to spare.

Three thoughts:

1. Possibly I need to travel long distances without internet more often, because I wrote about five pages of new text for the WIP while in transit. (I don't drive.)

2. My dad has an incredibly awesome personal library. I'm jealous.

3. If you're into urban fantasy and haven't read the October Daye series, stop what you're doing, buy all four books, and read them now. They're a perfect blend of mystery, fantasy, and humor, about a half-fae PI-cum-knight in San Francisco, who keeps getting pulled into Faerie to find its criminals for them. I read the fourth and latest book on my trip, while not writing or packing, and made the mistake of reading the sample from book five. Mistake, I say, because I want that book yesterday! And I have to wait September. I swear, the books keep getting better, and they were good to start with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will try out the books, If yoo're interested in fairy tales as well, try Fables, there is some excellent tales in there.

Anassa said...

Thanks for the tip on Fables! It's actually on my reading list already. I'm really intrigued by the premise.

Elena said...

What's the reading order for the series? It sounds interesting.

Anassa said...

Reading order's in the link I provided, I think, but it's: Rosemary and Rue, A Local Habitation, An Artificial Night, Late Eclipses, with One Salt Sea coming this fall. Hope you enjoy them, Elena!