Don't be scared. They're about smart cars. Not SmartCars. Cars with A.I.* Because our cyberpunk/near future/space opera heroes have to have car chases too.
- Shape-shifting, fusion-powered, fashion accessory vehicle from 2050** (a.k.a. Batmobile 3000)
- Cars that stop you when you run a red light
- Cars that street race for you***
- Driving? There's an app for that.
- "Transparent" semis**** for the win.
- A wheel that rolls sideways.*****
Finally, I know this isn't a car, but there's this pimped-out self-navigating robotic wheelchair****** with a laser guidance system and cameras.
There's story fodder in them thar links, I can feel it. Especially the wheels and morphing car. Combined.
* No, I don't have a Thing with robots. Honest. I haven't even seen Transformers II.
** The Design Blog
***** Boing Boing